Roles Score / Time Keeper
CMBA has adopted FIBA rules for the 2007/2008 season in accordance with an initiative by Canada Basketball.
As a help to parents and friends, who from time to time, get asked to be the score keeper or time keeper for a game, the following is a brief job description of each position.
Please remember that both the score keeper and the time keeper are minor officials for the game. Please assist each other in your duties.
At the end of the game, the score keeper and the time keeper must sign the score sheet in the space provided.
Need a scoresheet? Download and print one here
Score Keeper Job Description
- The score keeper will be responsible for marking the score sheet and changing the possession arrow.
- It is recommended to use a different color ink to mark the score sheet for the first half and the second half.
- The score keeper is recognized as a minor official for the game. Proper decorum will be used at all times and includes no outward signs of bias, no coaching and no disrespectful conduct to the on-court officials, players, coaches and spectators.
CMBA expects the home coach to arrive at the game with a score sheet filled in with the Game Number, Date, Location, Category, Team Name, Complete Team Roster, Players Numbers and Coach’s Names. In the event the coach has not filled in the score sheet as described above please ask the coach to supply the information for you to fill in. Home team sits to the right of the score table and the visiting team sits to the left of the score table.
See Score Time Instructions for more detailed score sheet assistance
Time Keeper Job Description
- The time keeper will be responsible for operating the time clock and showing the game score on a flip chart or electronic score clock.
- The time keeper is recognized as a minor official for the game. Proper decorum will be used at all times and includes no outward signs of bias, no coaching and no disrespectful conduct to the on-court officials, players, coaches and spectators.
See Score Time Instructions for more details